By applying for membership of Derbyshire Country Cricket Club (“the Club”) you are entering into a contract with the Club which is subject to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not apply for membership.
1 Interpretation of these terms and conditions
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
Appendix means the appendix to these terms and conditions
Benefits means the benefits available to Members detailed in the Appendix
Members means members of the Club and Membership means membership of the Club
Membership Fees means the fees payable for Membership
Membership Packages means the various different membership categories available, the details of which are set out in the Appendix
Premises means the Club’s premises at The Country Ground, Grandstand Road, Derby or, during the annual Chesterfield Festival of Cricket, Queen’s park, Chesterfield.
Season means the period 1 April to 30 September in any year
Staff means an employee of the Club
You means Members or anyone wishing to become a member
2 Membership applications
2.1 You can apply for Membership by filling in a Membership application form (which is available on line or in hard copy format from the Club) or by providing the necessary details to the appropriate member of Staff.
2.2 Information provided in a Membership application must be true and accurate at the time of applying and all applications will be subject to determination by the Club.
3 Membership Cards
Members will be issued with a Membership card which they might need to show to qualify for Benefits. If Membership cards are lost they can be replaced at a cost of £5.00 each. Membership cards cannot be loaned or transferred to any third party.
4 Membership term
4.1 Membership lasts for the duration of the forthcoming year or the remainder of the current year following a successful Membership application.
4.2 Membership applications for a particular year can be made in advance of the year once the Membership Packages available for that year have been launched by the Club, or at any time during the year.
5 Payments, renewals and cancellations
5.1 Membership will only commence once an application has been accepted and Membership Fees have been paid in full.
5.2 Different Membership Fees apply to the various Membership Packages, details of which are set out in the Appendix.
5.3 Except as set out at paragraph 5.4, Membership will automatically expire at the end of the year and can be renewed by a further application to the Club.
5.4 At the end of a year, the Membership of any Member who has paid for Membership by Direct Debit will automatically be renewed prior to the start of the next Season. We will notify those Members in advance of taking payment for the renewed Membership and they can inform us if they not wish to renew their Membership.
5.5 Once payment for Membership has been made, Membership can be cancelled at any time but Membership Fees paid will only be refunded at the discretion of the Club’s Chief Executive.
6 Membership Benefits
6.1 Different Benefits are available for different Membership Packages and Members should ensure that they choose the right Package for the Benefits they wish to receive.
6.2 The Benefits available are set out in the Appendix.
6.3 Except as specified in the Appendix, Benefits are for the Benefit of the Member and cannot be sold, loaned or transferred.
6.4 Benefits can be changed by the Club from time to time and will only be available to Members who have paid for Membership in full.
7 Membership Ambassador Scheme
7.1 Any Member who introduces to the Club an individual who has not been a member during the previous two Seasons and who then becomes a Member (a “New Member”) will be entitled to:
7.1.1 £50 cash back if they introduce any New Member over the age of 21 who becomes a Full, Country, Senior or Country Senior Member; and
7.1.2 £25 cash back if they introduce any New Member aged 16-21 who becomes a Young Adult/Student Member.
up to a maximum of a sum equivalent to the introducing Member’s Membership Fees for the year in question.
7.1.3 To claim the cash back to which they are entitled upon introducing a New Member, Members must complete the relevant form and ensure that this is submitted at the time of the New Member’s Membership application.
7.1.4 Cash reward will be paid by cheque within 28 days of receiving full payment from the New Member.
7.1.5 The Club receives the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time.
8 Revocation of Membership
8.1 The Club reserves the right to revoke the Membership of or deny access to the Premises to any Member who damages any Club property, behaves in a way that diminishes the enjoyment of other Members of visitors to the Premises or acts in a way that might bring the Club into disrepute, in each case without the Member being entitled to any refund of Membership Fees paid.
9.1 All Junior Members (as defined in the Appendix) must be accompanied by an adult when they are on Club Premises.
9.2 If the Club fails to insist on your performance of your obligations under the contract between you and it or fails to enforce its rights or delay in doing so, this does not mean that you do not have to comply with these obligations. A default by you can only be waived by the Club in writing.
9.3 Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operates separately and, if any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
9.4 A person who is not a party to the contract between the Club and the Member will not have any rights in connection with it.
9.5 These Conditions are governed by English law and you and the Club both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Appendix – Membership Packages, Fees and Benefits for the 2014 Season.
Admission to all Derbyshire home cricket* (excluding quarter/semi-finals/finals) including the group stages of the Domestic Twenty20 and Royal London One-Day Cup competitions, all matches in the LV= County Championship, the three day tourist match versus India and any Friendly, representative or Second XI fixtures hosted at the County Ground during the 2014 season.
Due to heavy demand, tickets for the home Twenty20 matches versus Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire and the tour match versus India must be claimed from the ticket office by Friday 9th May. Members will then be required to present your ticket and Membership card on the gate to gain entry.
- Direct Debit payers can claim two free tickets for guests to gain entry to any day of LV= County Championship or Royal London One-Day Cup cricket during the 2014 season. Guest Tickets available on request from Membership Services.
- Entry for yourself and a guest** to the Jackson and Gladwin Suite in the Lund Pavilion, with outdoor viewing balcony as well as catering and bar facilities, at all matches. This facility is exclusive to Members at Royal London One-Day Cup and NatWest T20 Blast cricket.
INTRODUCE A FRIEND
One free ticket for a guest to attend Day 1 of the opening home LV= County Championship match of the season (Usual Rain Policy does not apply) so you can introduce a friend courtesy of the Club. Simply introduce your guest on the gate when you show your Membership card.
- Discounted selected drinks in the Jackson and Gladwin Suite.
- 10% off in the Club Shop (not to be used in conjunction with any other sale or offer).
- Discounted match day bus travel on Trent Barton services.
- Priority application for Domestic Twenty20 and Royal London One-Day Cup tickets should Derbyshire qualify beyond the group stages.
- Supervisory Board Election voting rights for named members in adult membership categories.
- An invitation to the Annual General Meeting for named members in adult membership categories.
- Annual report and accounts for named adult members.
HAVE YOUR SAY
A Voting Member of the Club is defined as follows:
- An individual Member who has paid the appropriate subscription in an adult. Membership category, including Life Members
- A Past President
- A Vice President
- An Honorary Life Member
All voting Members shall be entitled to attend and cast one vote on each resolution at any General Meeting.
Join the Club
Membership Prices Early Bird Full Price
2014 season Before 1st Feb From 1st Feb
Adult Membership £170 £185
Senior Membership £150 £165
Young Adult/Student £60 £75
Bob Taylor Exec Club £470 £490
Junior (inc free cap) £20 £30
Six Pack £66 £66
Car Park Pass* £60 £60
Country Member discount (live 20 miles way from the County Ground according to AA Route Planner): £20
*Parking Subject to Availability
Country Member Discount - £20
JOIN THE BOB TAYLOR EXECUTIVE CLUB
- Exclusive entry to the Bob Taylor Suite on all matchdays.
- Car parking facilities for all matchdays on the Gateway Centre Car Park (subject to availability).
- Complimentary Scorecard and Matchday Programme available at each match you attend.
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee and Biscuits.
- Waiter/Waitress table service.
- Five Bob Taylor Suite complimentary guest passes including match tickets to be used at LV= County Championship and Royal London One-Day Cup cricket during the season. Guest Tickets available on request from Membership Services.
- Invitation to an 1870 Business Club Lunch featuring a guest speaker and Lunch with the Chairman during the season.
- Complimentary Ticket for the Player of the Year Awards Evening and priority ticket booking for a guest.
© 2014 Derbyshire County Cricket Club
The County Ground, Grandstand Road, Derby DE21 6AF. Tel: 01332 388 101
Website design by: www.thisismedia.co.uk